This is an amazing recipe, why: because it looks so simple, but yet it will add the most delicious burst of flavor to any dish. Trust me, these seemingly nonchalant oven roasted plum tomatoes will change the way you look at plum tomatoes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6-8 ripe plum tomatoes
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
Here’s what to do:
- Preheat oven to 250°
- Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise and place in a non-metallic baking dish cut side up
- Sprinkle all of the tomatoes evenly with about ½ tsp each of the salt, pepper & garlic powder
- Drizzle tops of tomatoes with a good olive oil, extra virgin if you have it
- Bake for 4-4 ½ hours – or until tomatoes turn a deep, rich, red color
Toss oven-roasted plum tomatoes with your favorite pasta, place on top of a crostini smeared with goat cheese (YUM!) or layer onto your favorite sandwich.
- If you are not going to immediately use the tomatoes, allow them to cool for about 15 minutes and store them in an airtight container or jar covered with some olive oil
- The riper your tomatoes are, the more deeply colored and sweeter they will be